As most of you know now I am expecting a little bundle of joy in January 2018! For me, I feel like this will be the final parenting journey so I wanted to celebrate in a special way with my closest friends and family.
I’ve got a few tips for setting up your own glam event at home.
- Choose a theme to begin with. I wanted a base theme of white and gold and added accents to it that complemented the theme.
- Have a checklist. You can create one yourself or use this Planning a Baby Shower.
- If you are going to have a dessert table, make sure it is full! It’s never a good look or good hospitality to have empty spaces on your dessert table. Desserts by Crafted Sweets. Cake by The Cheesecake Shop.
- Backdrop. A blank wall is boring. Have a back drop that coincides with your theme. I chose a floral wall with light colours so the gold decor like the table and props stood out. Props and decor by Tresor Trove.
- Small details. These small details add the final touches to polish your set up. I had customised signs made for the gifts table, dessert table, drink table and food table. Signs by Love Notes Australia.
- Food. Again, having more is always better than having not enough. I catered this event as an afternoon tea so I had platters by Lucie’s Gourmet Kitchen.
- Main Event. We had games and and the usual baby shower activities. We also had our gender reveal saved for the day so we could share in the news with our nearest and dearest. Have something that your guests are looking forward to throughout the event whether it’s gender reveal balloon, gender reveal game or another form of entertainment that will engage all the guests. Our gender reveal boomerang is on Sydney Style Blogger.
- Finally YOU. You want to be relaxed for your event so make sure you have time set aside to have your hair and makeup done leisurely, preferably at the venue so you cut time from travelling to and from places.
I hope you enjoy the picture diary of the event! Photography by Felicity Kelly